Saturday 10 December 2011

Love card, inspired by Tim Holtz 12 tags of Christmas

I was looking through the 12 tags of Christmas stuff yesterday, and there were a few ideas I fancied trying myself. I love Tim Holtz stuff, but very rarely do I attempt the 'grungy' look. It feels like a look that can easily go wrong! But I have proved myself wrong with my latest creation, I'm really happy with my first attempt at the world of grunge! It's a place I definitely see myself returning to!


On the card blank, I held the largest ticket shaped die on the blank itself as a mask and dabbed all over the card with a red cats eye ink pad. I then used the Tim Holtz circles embossing folder.

Cut outs of two more ticket shapes - the smallest one on a red/orangey coloured paper and the bottom on a dark yellow paper.

Big ticket: I dabbed all over with a red cats eye ink pad and sprayed with water, then dried with a heat gun. I then rubbed an embossing ink pad over the bottom of the ticket roughly, covered in copper embossing powder and heated.

Smaller ticket: I brayered with distress ink (dusty conchord) and then sprayed with water and dried with a heat gun. I then stamped with a clear stamp which came free on a magazine (it said "love you" originally but I cut it in half as I think I'll have more use for 'love' than 'love you'!) in black ink and once dry, covered in Anita's 3D gloss.

Finally, the embellished circles and butterflies are a sizzix original die. The circle, I embossed with white embossing powder, the ring I covered in embossing ink and dried (made it go almost see through, looks really cool in real life!) and then splodged a little distress ink. The butterfly, i pushed just the middle part into distress ink and then covered in black sparkle embossing powder (you can't really see the glitter in the pic, but it's very sparkly!)

Stuck it all together (roughly, most of the pieces aren't stuck down completely as I like the way it looks crinkly and naturally shaped), and voila :)

No comments:

Post a Comment