Sunday 11 December 2011

Fan card

So here's the first of several posts today, as i have spent most of the weekend creating various bits and bobs :)

This is for a friend's birthday in January. I love it when I make something that has a home to go to - it's rare that it happens that way around!


I made a fan template out of an old cereal box and then cut 6 pieces using the template. The metallic paper is really gorgeous and lovely quality to touch - it's almost silky. I embossed each fan piece and stuck together with a brad. I embossed the card blank and ran a cats eye ink pad over it. It's finished off with a strip of black paper, embossed and rubbed with grey ink, and a black bow (which I hand tied... it took ages to get right!)

I've entered this into the All Sorts Challenge "It takes two" challenge.




I then made this card, below... After making such a dark and dramatic card, I wanted something a little more playful! The background was created by rubbing ink pads across a sheet of paper - it's not a neat finish, but I like it on some cards and I think it works well here. The flowers are shop bought, and the butterflies are a sizzix originals die.


This one has no home as yet.

2 comments:

  1. Two really striking cards.

    Thank you so much for joining my ‘It Takes Two’ theme at Allsorts Challenge this week and good luck.

    Your card would also fit the theme at our sister challenge Penny Black and More

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards, Thank you so much for entering our challenge at ALLSORTS this week, good luck & hope you’ll join us again!
    Hugz Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete